Ad-Aware is a free anti-spyware program which provides us with advanced protection against spyware that secretly attaches and takes control of our computer. It is very popular with lots people. But sometimes, it will slow down the computer and difficult to be uninstalled when it is not listed in the Add/Remove Programs applet or there is something corrupted with its built-in uninstaller.
Here, we take Ad-Aware 2009 as an example to show how to uninstall this program easily with Perfect Uninstaller.
Method One: Uninstall it with “Uninstall” function
1) Run Perfect Uninstaller.
2) Highlight Ad-Aware 2009 on its main interface.
3) Then click “Uninstall” button and then “Next” to begin the removal as you can see in the screenshot.
4) Click “Uninstall” when Ad-Aware is running its own uninstall function.
5) Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the removal.
Method two: Uninstall it with “Force Uninstall” function
If the program you want to uninstall is not in the “Display Name” list after you run Perfect Uninstaller, please go to use “Force Uninstall“. Force Uninstall allows us to directly uninstall programs from directory.
1) Find the folder directly in the hard drive where you locate Ad-Aware 2009.
2) Click its directory and then select “Force Uninstall” to begin the removal.
3) Then follow the on-screen steps to finish the uninstallation processes.
After rebooting your computer, Ad-Aware 2009 will be completely removed from your computer. But no matter which method you choose, it is much better that you can close all other running programs before the removal. And the method above is suitable in uninstalling all version of Ad-Aware programs.