Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Trial was released months ago. As most of you agree with me, Kaspersky is one of the highest rated Antivirus software. More and more people are choosing it over other antivirus softwares. But, you may not be interested in continuing Kaspersky 2010 and want to uninstall Kaspersky 2010 from their PC / Laptop.
However, you should have known better than me that the Add/Remove Programs function in Control Panel will not delete the related files, folders, directories and the registry entries even if the Kaspersky has been uninstalled successfully. In this case, if you want to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 by any reason, you can perform the following actions:
Uninstall Kaspersky by using its Setup Wizard.
Step 1 Close all programs including Kaspersky. If the Kaspersky application is running, please right-click the K icon in the left bottom corner, and then select Exit.
Step 1 Click Start, Click All programs and find the Kaspersky internet security 2010.
Step 2 Click Modify, Repair or Remove.
Step 2 Select the Remove icon in the open dialog window of the Setup Window.
Step 3 Select one remove variant:
- Complete uninstall - choose this variant if you want to fully remove the application and you are not going to use it in future.
- Save application objects - choose this variant if you want to update the application version. For it delete old program files and registry entries and then run installation of the new version. The following objects are suggested to be saved:
- Keep activation data
- Anti-Spam database (if the Anti-Spam component was deployed and trained while in use)
- Keep backup and quarantine files (the option is available only if malicious objects were detected and were backed up during previous sessions)
- Keep protection settings (user settings of the Kaspersky Internet Security components)
- Keep iSwift and iChecker data (use to accelerate the application work)
Step 4 In the Confirm window confirm or cancel the application uninstallation. Click Remove to continue Step 5 Wait till program files and registry keys are removed
Step 6 PC should be restarted after removal of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 to finish the uninstallation process correctly. It is necessary to uninstall the application system drives correctly. You can restart the computer immediately or delay restart and restart the computer manually. Once the computer is restarted, the application is completely uninstalled from your PC.
I have seen lots of users are facing issues while uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 with the methods above because it’s really too complicated. Even if you are a computer geek, it will take you a lot of time to completely get Kaspersky deleted from the computer.
Fortunately, here is a very useful tool Perfect Uninstaller that can easily uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 in seconds. Not only Kaspersky can be simply removed, but also those unwanted programs and applications that are very hard to get rid of completely. Perfect Uninstaller can help you to uninstall them through the step-by-step wizard.
A thorough removal of Kaspersky with Perfect Uninstaller
2. Launch the program and select Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
3. Click Uninstall to completely get rid of Kaspersky
Hopefully above tips can help you in uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 completely.